Recipe & Tips
3 C Cashews, soaked
1 C Sesame Seeds, soaked
¾ C Pumpkin Seeds, soaked
2 Garlic Cloves, large
2 Fresh Lemons, juiced
1 C Celery, chopped
1 Medium Sweet Onion, chopped
2 Pimento Peppers, seeded and chopped
1 Medium Sweet Banana Pepper, seeded and chopped
½ C Coconut, shredded (or ½ C Young Baby Coconut Gel or ¼ C Coconut Oil)
½ t Fresh Rosemary, minced
¾ t Fresh Oregano, minced
4 Fresh Basil Leaves, minced
½ t Anise Seed
1 t Salt
Food Processor Method
- Soak the cashews for 12 hours, the sesame seeds for 1 hour, and the pumpkin seeds for 6 to 8 hours. No sprouting is necessary.
- Blend the nuts and seeds in a food processor with the blade, continually scraping down the sides to ensure that everything is well blended.
- Add the celery, pimento peppers and banana pepper to the nuts and seed and process until creamy.
- Add the lemon juice, onions, and garlic cloves and process until creamy.
- Add the coconut or coconut gel or coconut oil and process until creamy.
- Add the rosemary, oregano, anise seed and salt and process until creamy.
- Joyce’s Tip: Remember to soak any nuts and seeds before you measure. This will ensure an accurate measurement for any of the recipes. This recipe can be used as a spread for sandwich wraps or can be piped onto sliced cucumbers or dehydrated crackers for beautiful and delicious hors d’oeuvres.